Saturday, January 30, 2016

My Online Icebreaker

I've never been too good at introducing myself, so I'll just get right to the point.

Hey, I'm Emily. I'm not the best writer when it comes to blog posts, writing about literature, or writing a formal paper, but if you ask me to come up with a line for a song, I can do that pretty easily. I currently play guitar for an artist on campus named Gina Royale (come check us out at The Shrine in NYC on March 2nd from 8-9 PM. it's all ages. bring your friends). I'm a Popular Music major and a Music Management minor, so if you haven't noticed from all of the music references, I really like music. Since music is my thing, a lot of my creativity stems from it. A lot of times I take a more creative look on things and sometimes I'll even take sentences from my papers and incorporate them into my song lyrics.

I'm from South Brunswick, NJ, which is a medium sized town in central NJ. I never really talked to anyone in my school besides people I was really close with. Not everyone was really friendly, but because I didn't really talk to anyone, I got to observe a lot. Reading literature to me is like observing a whole new world. I notice little things that change throughout books and remember small details that people don't see as important until they come up again at a later time.

I used to read a lot (when I say a lot I mean like every night for about 4 years). I was one of those Harry Potter kids, but I only made it to the third book. As the books got thicker, I got less interested and as I was assigned more books to read in school, I got really turned off from reading. This semester I have about six books I need to read and I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to get through it, but if there's a will, there's a way.

-Emily C.

No comments:

Post a Comment