Saturday, January 30, 2016

My introduction- 2016

Hello Guys. This is my first time writing a blog and introducing myself threw it. To start this off, my name is Fausto and I am studying accounting so one day I can become a CPA. I was born in New York City and raised in New Jersey in a small town call Red Bank. My parents migrated to the United States back in 90s from Mexico. They have given everything for me so I can succeed and live the American Dream. Two things I enjoy doing a lot is playing my favorite sport soccer and going to school.
In my High School experience, I enjoyed all types of literature, from poems, shorts stories, all the ways to Shakespeare plays. Literature was a key component in order to strive success in high school. Being able to understand novels, brings great knowledge and understanding. I learned this from a close friend that has a strong passion for reading. She is extremely intelligent and it's noticeable to tell that she has a deep understanding of many facts. Two of my favorite books that I enjoyed reading in the past were The Handmaid's Tales by Margaret Atwood and Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. The Handmaid's Tales tell a story of a woman that has been given a new position in society and has no zero rights. Into the wild tells a story of a young boy who goes on a journey to Alaska to tries to survive there. I have always found literature very interesting and can seek many connections to the world we are currently living in. Literature has given me a better understanding of what's the author's message. I have come into conclusion that literature is important to everyone because it gives people knowledge and understanding. In English 1500, I will make great connections from the novels to the real world.

Peace,
Guys

No comments:

Post a Comment