Saturday, January 30, 2016

Introduction

Hello. My name is Brittany and I am one of the five writers for Lit-erary Views.

I am currently an 18 year old freshman who is studying to one day become a clinical psychologist. I would tell you where I'm from but I can almost guarantee that you have never even heard of it.

Over the course of my high school career, I have been exposed to the arts in multiple ways. I played the clarinet from fourth grade all the way through my senior year of high school in my school's concert and marching band. Also, I've taken advanced English and Literature classes since my freshman year. Throughout all of these classes, I had the chance to read and analysis all types of literary masterpieces. The most important lesson I learned from those courses is not always evident though. My teachers taught me how to appreciate good literature as a work of art. I am not going to lie and say that I have loved every single poem, play, or book that I was given. For the pieces of literature that I could not get into, I would look at it as more of a piece of art rather than a page full of words. From this and my evident love for all forms of art, I have been able to enjoy what I read more than I have before.






No comments:

Post a Comment