Thursday, February 11, 2016

So here’s the deal with the “feed” everyone is pretty much hooked on this technology based cast. It’s like if this feed wasn’t there no one would know how to socialize the normal way like “back in the day” since its 100 years into the future. Technology has taken over in this book, interactions are all based on this feed cast, even news, shows, sports events, and m-chatting (talking). It’s kind of relatable in a way from now a days with the technology, it’s hard to get someone’s attention if their on their phone or watching TV because they’re so concentrated and into whatever there watching or reading. Even me, I spend all day on my phone on and off it’s like a religion to me where I have to go on my social media networks at least 50 times a day, it’s like a fake addiction. I’m stuck on stupid when I’m on my phone or any entertainment technology. All of this goes back to the point where it proves a point where everyone is so reliant on technology not just their phone whether it’s an entertainment system, cell phone, tablet etc. You can basically say all the technology we have today that distracts us is our feed cast.
This novel and the technology base reminds me from back when I was in high school and I was completely distracted by my phone in every class, every 5 mins I was whipping out my phone to see if I had any missed texts or any other alerts from any of my social media. it was such a huge distraction to the point where I would procrastinate and it would take me up to 5 hours to finish writing a 5 paragraph paper when it usually only take me 30 mins. I would genuinely hate giving up my phone to my teachers when I got caught, I was completely resistant because I was so worried about what the next text message from my friends were going to say instead of focusing on my education. It was crazy because I was so naive and didn’t even notice how it affected not only my grades but my behavior changed in the classroom also. I was distracting my instructor and keeping the students in the class that actually wanted to learn the lesson from that. Moral of the story the similarities of the technology base in feed and today is somewhat the same in certain ways because in the novel its based in the future and this is today, but the distraction and being glued to whatever technology is put out today or 100 years from now does change the behavior and distraction from learning for some, and I can honestly use myself as a prime example.


Tatiana Smith
Work cited
Anderson, M. T. Feed. Cambridge, MA: Candlewick, 2002. Print.



No comments:

Post a Comment