Sunday, March 13, 2016

Katniss Fierce


The " Catching fire" novel I have had a complete interested in was Katniss Everdeen. She was an teenager from District 11, every year the districts decide to have an "hunger games" and Katniss volunteers for her sister. now in this game there are two children, one boy and one girl chosen to play in the game. These districts are forced to fight until there is only one person standing. after, its shows Katniss being the crowned winner at the 74th hunger game.



 While reading the book I came to realize to all these roles katniss plays is she supposed to be the bad guy in this book or is she supposed to be the trusted one where everyone can look down on her as a role model or a influence for the women out the. Now tat everything has switched up after Katniss won the hunger games she moved to a mansion in district 12 and is living like never before, from being in poverty to now being able to worry about any type of financial problem.


although Katniss gets all her success from winning the hunger games which now is not so good because she must now participate in the victory tour which is the most violet hunger game.
I'
ve come to conclusion on no matter what it is Katniss will fight if she has to she is an competitive Young woman who wont back down for any fight, especially if she knows she's fighting for her loved ones. what really surprised me is after Katniss won she got a visit from president snow and the letter she reads says "“A visit from President Snow. Districts on the verge of uprisings. A direct death threat to Gale, with others to follow. Everyone I love doomed. And who knows who else will pay for my actions?” (Page 30) . at this point even with Katniss winning it doesn't even matter because of all the vile comments she's received, more success more problems.


all of Katniss's problems she had to face head on she would always get them fixed because she was fierce and was never scared of anything or anyone. she was more of a head on type of person just like she explained in (page 32) “sometimes things happen to people and they’re not equipped to deal with them. Like me, for instance. Right now”. this shows that Katniss is willing to give it all just to fight for what she wants. she's more of an head on type of female who isn't scared of anything or to back off.


The 74th huger game that Katniss won, she still continues with the hunger games putting all of her family and friends in danger, besides that this winning of the hunger games  also had a direct effect on the people of Panem. Since Katniss did feel responsible she decide to take the leader role into her own handles Even though she wasn't exactly prepared to take on that position. Then again in the districts it is a cruel world, where everyone lives by a specific set of rules where they have to live by or the punishment is over cruel.
I also wanted to throw in not how only have the capital raises questions nut how it also raises ethical questions about war. the question I would like the answer to is how the value of individual survival stacks up against each other's values like trust and loyalty is completely open to see. Similarly, a  problem of the Capitol’ oppression throws the value of freedom into stark relief distinct reassurance.

it comes up so many questions with these rebellions and Katniss like should she even satisfy the capitol or protect her loved ones.
“If I held them out to save Peeta because I knew I would be shunned if I came back without him, then I am despicable.  If I held them out because I loved him, I am still self-centered, although forgivable.  But if I held them out to defy the Capitol, I am someone of worth.  The trouble is, I don’t know exactly what was going on inside me at that moment.” (p. 118) in this quote Katniss uses realism, on the strength that she does star to love Peeta she spares his life




Tatiana Smith


Work Cited

Collins, Suzanne. Catching Fire. New York: Scholastic Inc, 2009. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment